Love at First Spark: Farrah F. Polestico (Author Interview)

Photo: Dan Whale/Unsplash

Welcome and step right up to Love at First Spark, a blog event featuring #SparkNA authors! Get a bit intimate and learn more about the awesome people behind your next favorite romance reads. Check out the blog event schedule and the list of participating authors here.

I am back at it again with bringing you another interview, this time with "First to Fall" author, Farrah F. Polestico.

Questions and Answers
  1. What is your inspiration in writing “First to Fall”?
    Inspiration for me isn’t just one thing. I get inspiration from everywhere-- movies, music, TV, even on social media. For First to Fall, my biggest inspiration would be the movie 500 Days of Summer. But I’ll be honest, most of my (yet to be published) books are inspired by that movie. I really like that movie. Another inspiration for me was the song Dark Paradise by Lana del Rey. Also, it’s no secret that I really want to visit New York someday, and that city plays a huge part in the story.

  2. How is your writing process like? Do you have any quirks in your writing process?
    I research everything from recipes of food my characters eat to how long they have to commute from one place to another. Research is my favorite part of writing. My least favorite would be revising and editing. I can no longer count how many finished first drafts I have. I’m going to publish them all someday but they need a lot of polishing.

    I have a list of plot bunnies in my notebook so whenever I’m about to start writing another book I just choose whatever plot bunny I like and start fleshing it out. I’m also a huge believer of the outline. Outlining is life! But I also leave room for improvisation when I write. If someone would ask me whether I am a pantser or a planner, I’d answer I’m a pantser! Haha


  3. If you will be given a minute of face to face encounter with any of your book characters, who would you want it to be with and what would you say to him or her?
    It would have to be Zang. He’s one of Georgie and Atkins’ co-workers. He’s loud and sociable and an all-around extrovert. *whispers* He’s getting his own book soon too! I feel like our sense of humor is so in sync. If I ever get the chance to come face to face with him, we’d probably just talk about the most mundane things. I’d say something funny and he’d say something witty and we’d probably look like loons laughing and giggling.

  4. Do you believe in love at first sight? Why or why not?
    I do believe in attraction at first sight. Especially physical attraction if the person is really good looking. I’ve personally felt that. I totally get that kilig feeling when you spot someone cute.

    But love is a commitment. It’s a choice. I don’t think you can just know if it’s love the first time you see someone. Attraction, definitely. But love, probably not.

  5. Give us your best banat or pick-up line.
    I’m not good with banator pick-up line but I saw something on the internet that’s pretty funny. It goes like this: My love for you is like diarrhea, I can’t hold it in.

  6. Finally, use “spark” in a sentence.
    I’m so bad at this I Googled “use spark in a sentence.” Oops. But okay here it goes.

    Their eyes met and sparks flew instantly.
About Farrah


Farrah F. Polestico wanted to be a lot of things in life— an engineer, a nurse, an astrophysicist. But it wasn’t until she was thirteen when she knew she was going to be a published writer. When she’s not up all night writing her next book, you can find her reading anything and everything from a Charles Dickens novel to old grocery receipts.

Find more about Farrah: Blog | Twitter | Goodreads
About First to Fall




Synopsis:
Georgina Harrington knew right from the start that she and Matt Bishop were meant for each other. He was The One. Or so she thought, until she caught him making out with his co-worker—in their sofa! Now Georgie has to face the music and start packing her things and look for a new apartment, because she can’t bear to stay in the same roof with a cheating bastard.

And then, the newly hired software developer, Atkins Rosenfeld, came strolling into the firm where she works. He had everything a woman would want from a man—angular jaw, day-old stubble, long lashes. What’s not to like? She can’t deny her attraction to him but is she ready to jump into a new relationship after her last one ended so disastrously?

Meanwhile, Matt comes crawling back to her. Will she forgive him? Was five years of being together that easy to toss to the curb?

Georgie is terrified to entrust her heart to someone again after Matt cheated on her. But deep down she knows she loves Atkins. Just when everything is falling into place, Atkins screws up big time and breaks her heart all over again. Will Georgie and Atkins be able to fix it before she finally throws down the towel and turn her back on love? 

Series: Standalone
Publisher: Spark Books, an imprint of Anvil Publishing
ISBN: 9786214201129
Year Published: 2017
Number of Pages: 124
First to Fall is available at National Book Store and Powerbooks branches or order online here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...